As a nurse engaged in evidence-based practice, it is important to recognize how statistics and other data analysis tools are used to generate and assess evidence. Most nurses need only a foundational understanding of statistical tools and terminology to understand the majority of research studies. As a nurse, you should be able to recognize the most commonly used statistical tests, how and when they are used, and how significance is determined. 6052 Discussion 9
In this Discussion, you examine different types of statistics and statistical tests, when and why these particular tests would be selected for use, and, most importantly, what the results indicate. To this end, you will be assigned to a group by Day 1 of this week. Each group will be assigned one of the five chapters listed in this weekâ€™s Learning Resources and will develop a study sheet on their chapter that will be shared with the other groups. 6052 Discussion 9
ORDER A PLAGIARISM-FREE PAPER HERE
- Review the information in your assigned chapter.
- As a group, develop a 1-page study sheet that includes the following:
- The key concepts of the chapter: Focus on the basic concepts that are important for nurses to understand as they review research studies.
- A description of the statistical methods covered in the chapter, what they measure, and under what circumstances they are used. Identify examples of how the statistical methods have been used in research studies.
- An explanation of the key statistical tests and how they measure significance (if applicable).
Note: This should be a collaborative effort, with each member of the group making contributions to the design and content of the study sheet. Use the Groups link on the left navigation bar to collaborate with your group. When you have developed your 1-page study sheet, select one member to post it to the Week 9 Discussion Forum so that the rest of your colleagues can access it. 6052 Discussion 9