Develop a population health improvement plan, based on your evaluation of the best available demographic, environmental, and epidemiological data, that focuses on your diagnosis of a widespread population health issue.
Part of effectively engaging in evidence-based practice is the ability to synthesize raw health data with research studies and other relevant information in the literature. This will enable you to develop sound interventions, initiatives, and outcomes to address health concerns that you find in data during the course of your practice. Assessment Questions
In this assessment, you have an opportunity to evaluate community demographic, environmental, and epidemiological data to diagnose a widespread population health issue, which will be the focus of a health improvement plan that you develop. Assessment Questions
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
· Competency 2: Apply evidence-based practice to design interventions to improve population health.
ORDER A PLAGIARISM-FREE PAPER HERE
. Evaluate community demographic, epidemiological, and environmental data to diagnose widespread population health issues.
. Develop an ethical health improvement plan to address a population health issue within a community.
· Competency 3: Evaluate outcomes of evidence-based interventions.
. Propose criteria for evaluating population health improvement plan outcomes.
· Competency 4: Evaluate the value and relative weight of available evidence upon which to make a clinical decision.
. Justify the value and relevance of evidence used as the basis of a population health improvement plan.
· Competency 5: Synthesize evidence-based practice and academic research to communicate effective solutions.
. Develop a strategy for communicating with colleagues and members of the community in an ethical, culturally sensitive, and inclusive way.
. Integrate relevant and credible sources of evidence to support assertions, correctly formatting citations and references using APA style.
Your organization is undertaking a population health improvement initiative focused on one of the pervasive and chronic health concerns in the local community. Examples of health improvement initiatives include nationwide concerns, such as type 2 diabetes, HIV, obesity, and Zika. However, your organization has asked you to determine which widespread health concern should be addressed in a population health improvement plan for the community in which you practice and has entrusted you with gathering and evaluating the relevant data. Assessment Questions
Note: The requirements outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the scoring guide, so be sure to address each point. In addition, you may want to review the performance level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed.
Evaluate community demographic, epidemiological, and environmental data.
· Identify the relevant data.
· Describe the major community health concerns suggested by the data.
· Explain how environmental factors affect the health of community residents.
Health Improvement Plan
Develop an ethical health improvement plan that effectively addresses the population health concern that you identified in your evaluation of the relevant data.
· Base your plan on the best available evidence from a minimum of 3–5 current scholarly or professional sources.
. Apply correct APA formatting to all in-text citations and references.
. Attach a reference list to your plan.
· Ensure that your plan meets the cultural and environmental needs of your community and will likely lead to some improvement in the community’s health related to this concern.
. Consider the environmental realities and challenges that exist in the community.
. Address potential barriers or misunderstandings related to the various cultures prevalent in the community. Assessment Questions
· Justify the value and relevance of the evidence you used as the basis of your plan.
. Explain why the evidence is valuable and relevant to the community health concern you are addressing.
. Explain why each piece of evidence is appropriate and informs the goal of improving the health of the community.
· Propose relevant and measurable criteria for evaluating the outcomes of your plan.
. Explain why your proposed criteria are appropriate and useful measures of success.
· Explain how you will communicate with colleagues and members of the community, in an ethical, culturally sensitive, and inclusive way, with regard to the development and implementation of your plan.
. Develop a clear communications strategy mindful of the cultural and ethical expectations of colleagues and community members regarding data privacy.
. Ensure that your strategy enables you to make complex medical terms and concepts understandable to members of the community, regardless of language, disabilities, or level of education. Assessment Questions