The Tracks We Leave Ethics and Management Dilemmas in Healthcare, 3rd Ed.: Ch. 5 Gender Discrimination: Rolling Meadows Community Hospital Employment and Labor Discussion
The Tracks We Leave Ethics and Management Dilemmas in Healthcare, 3rd Ed.: Ch. 17 Management and Diversity, and Inclusion
Part 1: Critical Analysis of the Law
Evaluate and discuss the requirements of one of the following laws and how it applies in hiring. What does a manager need to do or not do to comply with it?
- Title VII protections for race, color, national origin, sex, religion
Pregnancy Discrimination Act
- Federal labor laws enforced by the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) including National Labor Relations Act (NLRA)
Union contracts in the right to work vs non-right to work states and impact on hiring Employment and Labor Discussion
ORDER A PLAGIARISM-FREE PAPER HERE
Evaluate one of the following tools for compliance in hiring and indicate how it would help limit risk. Discuss the pros and cons of it.
Hiring policies and procedures
- Credentialing policies
The employment arbitration clause in an employment contract
Part 2: Strategic Compliance with the Law
- Evaluate the scenario in Ch. 5 Gender Discrimination: Rolling Meadows Community Hospital
- What are the legal risks? What are risks specific to gender discrimination and liability?
- What management compliance tools (one) and processes (one) could be incorporated in the organization to prevent this problem? What do you recommend (1-2 actions)?
- Assume an “agreement” is reached to hire the protégé. What employee hiring tools and processes would you incorporate in the hiring process to limit liability and reduce the likelihood of a lawsuit in this case? Employment and Labor Discussion City Colleges of Chicago Harold Washington College Education Essay