· Review this week’s Learning Resources and reflect on the insights they provide about treating clients with personality disorders.
· Select one of the personality disorders from the DSM-5 (e.g., paranoid, antisocial, narcissistic). Then, select a therapy modality (individual, family, or group) that you might use to treat a client with the disorder you selected. Psychotherapy With Personality Disorders
Succinctly, in 1–2 pages, address the following:
ORDER A PLAGIARISM-FREE PAPER HERE
· Briefly describe the personality disorder you selected, including the DSM-5 diagnostic criteria.
· Explain a therapeutic approach and a modality you might use to treat a client presenting with this disorder. Explain why you selected the approach and modality, justifying their appropriateness.
· Next, briefly explain what a therapeutic relationship is in psychiatry. Explain how you would share your diagnosis of this disorder with the client in order to avoid damaging the therapeutic relationship. Compare the differences in how you would share your diagnosis with an individual, a family, and in a group session. Psychotherapy With Personality Disorders
Support your response with specific examples from this week’s Learning Resources and at least three peer-reviewed, evidence-based sources. Journals must include method and results and must not be older than 5 years. Explain why each of your supporting sources is considered scholarly. Attach the PDFs of your sources.
By Day 7
Submit your Assignment. Also attach and submit PDFs of the sources you used. Psychotherapy With Personality Disorders